Hong Kong - Data regulations
PERSONAL DATA PRIVACY ORDINANCE
35E. Data user must not use personal data in direct marketing without data subject’s consent.
6A-12. Where personal data means:
personal data (個人資料) means any data—
- relating directly or indirectly to a living individual;
- from which it is practicable for the identity of the individual to be directly or indirectly ascertained; and
- in a form in which access to or processing of the data is practicable
How Leadbook supports compliance:
- Leadbook does not collect sensitive information such as political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, the commission or alleged commission of any offence or any other personal data
- Leadbook’s data is collected from public records or publicly available company websites.
- The PDPA recognises that B2B marketing messages may be essential for the day-to-day operations between businesses.
- Customers are free to use the data in the course of normal marketing or sales email outreach.
Based on the Personal Data Protection Act 2020 under section 43, an individual can opt-out from any direct marketing campaigns by unsubscribing or informing senders to stop sending information for promotion of services and products.
Senders of direct marketing who receive such request from individuals must act on the opt-out request and remove their email address from any future direct marketing campaigns to comply with PDPA.
Leadbook provides a mandatory unsubscribe link in every email campaign to allow individual to opt-out at anytime and our platform automatically prevent the sending of emails to them.
Leadbook provides the tool to create an opt-in email campaigns and offer opt-in fully managed campaign to manage compliance should it be required.